Two bug fixes:
• Mac/iPhone: Fixed alpha channels
• Ruby: Fixed some C++ exceptions not being translated properly
Two interface thingies that make Gosu more fun to use:
• Ruby: Made all Color accessors less annoying (will clip & truncate given values)
• All: Renamed 'additive' alpha mode to 'add' to be consistent with 'multiply'
Especially the color thing has saved me heaps of repetitive code. :)
Feel free to use it here:http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/2011/10/25/0h-game-jam-make-a-game-in-zero-hours/
A small question: will Gosu again support .mod music?
I'd love to support it, but I have no use case myself. I'd throw some € in if anyone wants to volunteer a multi platform integration of MikMod or such.
Did you ever resolve the Linux Gosu crashing problem I had a while back?
Just wanted to say thanks for the update. The alpha channels fix has improved my game's graphics immensely.
I ran into an issue with sound on Windows -- if there's a copy of OpenAL32 in the system folder, Gosu will load that rather than using its own copy, causing a crash on exit. Moving Gosu's copy of the library to Ruby's bin dir fixes the issue.
Oh, is that what causes that? Great that it has been found out! Gah, the number of problems I've had with libraries adding load paths at the wrong end of ENV['PATH']/$LOAD_PATH (and yes, Ray had this problem too). Note that this will often also cause Ocra to not bother adding the DLL to the generated exe, since it ignores anything loaded from the system directory.
But hey wait, I think I am adding it exactly as you proposed to add it? :S - to the front. So actually I don't quite understand why it doesn't use it. Gngng.
Hmm, that should work correctly then and, for that matter, Ocra works fine with Gosu now I think about it :$ (However, Ray, when Ocraed, doesn't find OpenAL properly, even with the correct path so maybe there is an issue with OpenAL specifically?)
Maybe I will just give my version of the DLL a less common name. Oh boy... :)
I can't reproduce this. You are running a normal Ruby script that uses Gosu via Rubygems? The require is just
Can you output ENV['PATH'] just after requiring Gosu?
Yes, even the example scripts have the problem.
Here's the value I got for ENV['path'] immediately after requiring Gosu (line breaks added for clarity):
C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86_64;
C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86;
C:\Program Files (x86)\ActiveState Komodo Edit 6\;
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;
C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;
C:\Program Files (x86)\CMake 2.8\bin;
C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;
c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;
c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;
c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\cmd;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Inno Setup 5;
Uninstalling OpenAL using its uninstaller fixes the problem, and it returns when OpenAL is installed, unless Gosu's copy of OpenAL is in Ruby's bin dir. I'm pretty sure the problem is being caused by Windows' safe search mode
(I'm on Windows 7 64-bit).
Until I have a chance to look at the safe search mode, can you try to add the first path again, but with backslashes instead of slashes, right after loading Gosu? Seems I am the only one to expect UNIX slashes to work even in %PATH%. :)
OK, changed the line in gosu.rb (from the gem -- I can always gem pristine it later) where it updates the path to:
ENV['PATH'] = 'C:\Share\ruby\1.9.2p290\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1\gems\gosu-0.7.38-x86-mingw32\lib;' << ENV['path']
Dumping ENV['path'] to file yields pretty much the same as before, only with backslashes instead of forward slashes. The tutorial.rb program from examples still causes a crash on exit. Overwriting the Path instead of prepending Gosu's lib folder to it doesn't help, and overwriting it with an empty string causes the script to exit with an unhandled RuntimeError with the message "Could not find libsndfile.dll", so your Path is definitely working.
A gem where only some metadata is updated. This may fix problems with building 'ocra' exe files.
Works for me now; thanks!
Powered by mwForum 2.29.7 © 1999-2015 Markus Wichitill