The usual rundown of changes:
• Mac/Ruby: Added chipmunk back to .app wrapper
• All: Added GOSU_COPYRIGHT_NOTICE to make it easier for game devs to fulfill BSD requirements (libogg/libvorbis requires a statement about its inclusion in every app & game that uses it)
• Ruby: Lots of work towards making exceptions transparent to the main UI message loop
• Windows/Ruby: Added optional support for FreeImage. If image loading with GDI+ fails, Ruby/Gosu will look for FreeImage.dll and retry.
• Mac/Ruby: One more attempt to clear the GL error (to keep ruby-opengl from complaining)
• All: Text handling code correctly fails when a function is unexpectedly passed a newline (for example, Font#draw does not handle it)
• Linux: Gosu does not require freeimage ≥3.13 anymore
Especially the Exception handling part is really confusing. Let me know if you encounter any new phenomena :)
I also realized my FreeImage fallback code has an annoying side effect. If I cannot load an image with GDI+ for ANY reason, I try the same with FreeImage. So if you load a non-existing Image, the exception will tell you "FreeImage.dll not found". Oops...
• Hopefully replaced the last remaining Google Code wiki links with appropriate GitHub wiki links. :)
Hotfix for problems with Window::needsRedraw(), which raises an uncaught exception when the game window is closed (this is caused by a fix for handling exceptions on Windows that introduced a new bug everywhere).
Just monkeypatch by requiring this file after you require Gosu itself:https://gist.github.com/1022618
Powered by mwForum 2.29.7 © 1999-2015 Markus Wichitill